Location: Shanghai, China
Status: Full-time, Salaried position
Reports to: Sales Director
I. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Business Development Manager is a sales position that requires 3-5 years of online MR and sales experience, solid industry knowledge, a good network within the Market Research industry (particularly on-line), self-direction and excellent communication abilities. This position’s primary responsibility is to generate leads, particularly in the China Sales Region, and work with the rest of the China Team members in achieving sales and profit goals.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Sales and Business Development Activities:
- Proactively works together with other members of Management to develop the Sales Action Plan
- Independently finds and develops new clients in China and builds strong relationships with them
- After undertaking research and planning, makes sales presentations to prospective clients and responds to RFQs, generates proposals, helps to negotiate deals with clients, and closes business with prospective clients in order to achieve individual and team sales goals (full service, global sample)
- Provides accurate, timely, and regular written sales reports to the Director
- Generates proposals, helps to negotiate deals with clients and closes business with prospective clients in order to achieve individual sales goals within the assigned market and with particular global-class marketing research companies.
- Manages the sales pipeline to ensure that monthly and quarterly sales and profit goals for China Sales are met.
- Analyzes the results of sales efforts, making adjustments, building a sales action plan as necessary to improve business results and achieve success.
- Works with other Account Managers, the China Sales Operations members, and with the Sales Director to ensure that Team regional sales goals are met and that each area is covered appropriately.
- Constantly identifies financial and other risks to the Company and reports these quickly and accurately to the Director
- Maintains the public image of the Company.
- Prudently manages resources within budgetary guidelines to ensure profit.
- Contributes to the entire dataSpring (and, or other local offices) grow as a member and an employee, besides the regional sales tasks assigned.
III. ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Full time work arrangement and willingness to work in Shanghai office
- Significant domestic and international travel may be required to interface with other Managers and Clients.
Education & Minimum Qualifications Needed:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively with staff, Vendors, and Clients.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to display empathy and is able to get along well with different personalities and to work well in a small team and with other teams
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and various sales management software
- Global outlook and cross-cultural experience is preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Must have professionalism, passion to succeed, and a motivation to reach higher goals
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and show dedication to client services and business development.
- A 4-year University Degree is required.
- At least 3 years experience in Business Development for China Clients
- Experience in a market research industry
- Market Research industry selling Asian Sample experience is preferred.