Full-time, Salaried position
I. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Business Development Manager is a sales position that requires 3-5 years of online Market Research (MR) and sales experience, solid industry knowledge, a good network within the MR and OMR industries, self direction and excellent communication abilities. This position’s primary responsibility is to sell dataSpring’s products and services to new clients (end clients, MR agencies, and other panel partners).
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Sales and Business Development Activities:
- Undertakes market research for potential full service and global panel sales clients and begins the process of generating warm leads
- Proactively works together with other members of Management to develop the Sales Action Plan
- Independently finds and develops new clients and builds strong relationships with them
- After undertaking research and planning, makes sales presentations to prospective clients and responds to RFQs, generates proposals, helps to negotiates deals with clients, and closes business with prospective clients in order to achieve individual and team sales goals (full service, global sample, process automation tool)
- Provides accurate, timely, and regular written sales reports to the Chief Operating Officer
- Generates proposals, helps to negotiates deals with clients, and closes business with prospective clients in order to achieve individual sales goals within the assigned market and with particular global-class marketing research companies.
- Manages the sales pipeline to ensure that monthly and quarterly sales goals are met.
- Analyzes the results of sales efforts, making adjustments, building a sales action plan as necessary to improve business results and achieve success.
- Works with other Account Managers and Chief Operating Officer to ensure that Team regional sales goals are met and that each area is covered appropriately.
- Constantly identifies financial and other risks to the Company and reports these quickly and accurately to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Maintains the public image of the Company.
- Prudently manages resources within budgetary guidelines to ensure profit.
- Contribute to entire dataSpring (and, or other local offices) grow as a member and an employee, besides the regional sales tasks assigned.
III. ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- This is an office environment and typical physical demands apply.
- Significant domestic and international travel will be required to interface with other Managers and Clients.
- Will be assigned to a mid-day shift in order to communicate efficiently with Global clients, particularly EMEA clients.
Education & Minimum Qualifications Needed:
- Good written and verbal communications skills in order to communicate effectively with staff, Vendors, and Clients.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to display empathy and is able to get along well with different personalities and to work well in a small Team and with other Teams
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and various sales management software
- Global outlook and cross cultural experience is preferred
- Satisfactory background check (criminal, civil, credit) is required.
- Must have a strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Must have professionalism, passion to succeed, and a motivation to reach higher goals
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and show dedication to client services and business development.
- A 4 year University Degree is required.
- At least 3 years experience in Business Development for EMEA Clients
- Experience in an IT / Marketing industry
- Market Research industry experience is preferred.