Full-time, Salaried position
I. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Senior Systems Engineer (SE5) position is a technical senior staff level position that develops specifications, plans, designs software architecture, implements and then maintains internal and external systems for our business. Primary task of the role is to understand the business then find and apply technologies helpful to our business. This includes, but is not limited to designing and developing adequate systems and software based on user’s feedback, or changes in requirements due to business expansion.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designs, codes and debugs applications in various software languages.
- Write readable codes that adheres to our coding guidelines.
- Performs software testing and quality assurance.
- Supports, maintains, creates documents and software functionality.
- Monitor and provide quick response to system failures.
- Follows WHY-HOW-WHAT rules at task handling.
- Implements, modifies and maintains internal systems for business usage.
- Designs simple front-end graphical user interface within specifications and listening to user feedback.
- Data structure designing.
- Maintain standards compliance.
- Undertakes performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Performs software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Learn and use new technologies that includes, but is not limited to programming languages.
- Create systems (including but not limited to software) to support the business as a Team.
- Plans, designs (UML) Behavioral Diagrams.
- Completes assigned goals and tasks, and with minimal or no supervision needed
- Functions as a cooperative and active member
- Understands and follows our Core Values
- Maintains the public image of the Company
III. ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This is an office environment and typical physical demands apply.
- Must be open to working flexible hours in order to communicate efficiently with Global clients. Must be open to working flexible hours when needed, particularly for urgent system diagnosis, handling scheduled maintenance job, or when needed to join online meetings with colleagues from other locations and timezone, etc.
Minimum Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Must be willing and have good ability to communicate in English for business purposes
- Japanese language proficiency with N2+ level
- Must have good analytical skill
- Must have good documentation skill
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in Software development, programming and/or engineering
- Knowledge of some Technologies that we use will be an advantage:
- Cloud Services(Amazon, AliCloud, etc).
- Operating Systems(Linux, etc).
- Databases(MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc).
- Docker(K8S, docker-compose, AWS Fargate, etc).
- Version Control(Git, GitHub).
- CI/CD(CircleCI, GitHub Action).